UVA Pediatric Specialty Care Richmond
5875 Bremo Rd.
Richmond, VA 23226Directions
Monday – Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Friday 7:00 a.m. – noon
Please allow 24-hour notice when cancelling or rescheduling appointments.
Parking: There is free parking in the garage across from St. Mary's Hospital.
At UVA Pediatric Specialty Care Richmond, we accept referrals for infants, children, and young adults up to age 21. We specialize in liver disease and heart conditions.
We are committed to you and your family’s well-being. We emphasize listening to our patients and families, and we're always available and responsive to your questions and concerns. We want you to feel empowered to take part fully with our team. Together, we’ll develop a plan to help care for your child’s health.
James Gangemi, MD, FACS, board-certified in congenital heart surgery for patients of all ages leads the heart care team.
- Echocardiograms and ECGs
- Evaluation and management of heart conditions
- Congenital or acquired heart disease
- Heart rhythm disorders
- Heart murmurs
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Heart failure
- Childhood and adolescent obesity
- Chest pain
- Syncope and fainting
Nationally known for his care of children with liver disease, Frank DiPaola, MD, heads this program.
Our liver transplant program partners with the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. This means your child gets care from one of the most experienced pediatric liver transplant centers in the world.
We evaluate and treat a full range of liver conditions, including (but not limited to):
- Abnormal liver bloodwork
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin
- Abnormal enlargement of the liver or spleen
- Liver or bile duct masses
- Liver or bile duct cancer
- Disease of the blood vessels of the liver
- Liver scarring or any complication of liver scarring such as fluid in the abdomen
- Liver or bile duct infection
- Lung disease as a complication of liver disease
- Biliary atresia
- Alagille syndrome
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency
- Hepatitis B and C
- Wilson disease
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Pediatric liver transplantation and second opinion evaluation for children with liver disease
Learn more about our pediatric liver transplant program and partnership with UPMC.
Genetic tests help us offer the best care for your child. At this clinic, we test your child for conditions like:
- Down syndrome
- Connective tissue disorders