Orthopedic & Musculoskeletal Care
Sports, bone, spine, and joint injuries can damage everything from your game to your independence and daily life. If pain or discomfort is keeping you from the moments that matter, UVA Health is ready to help.
Our skilled, caring team includes some of Virginia's top orthopedic surgeons and specialists. We'll work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan to help you feel and move better. Because at UVA Health, we were made for this moment.
Conveniently located at the intersection of routes U.S. 29 and U.S. 250, the new UVA Health Orthopedic Center Ivy Road is unlike any other facility in Virginia. You'll find all the orthopedic services you need — from imaging to surgery to rehabilitation — under one roof.
Why UVA Health
- U.S. News & World Report has ranked our orthopedic services in the top 10% of the country.
- Our team is at the forefront of surgical orthopedic innovations and provides the most advanced care, including high-tech robotics and same-day procedures.
- We conduct pioneering, nationally recognized research on improving patient outcomes.
- UVA Health is one of fewer than 20 hospitals nationwide to earn certification from the International Geriatric Fracture Society for the management of geriatric fractures.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield has named UVA Health a Blue Distinction Center for hip and knee replacement in recognition of our excellence in delivering safe, effective treatment.
- Offering orthopedic care ranging from just starting to move to high-level collegiate athletes; our sports medicine team takes care of UVA and JMU athletes.
Services We Offer
Our orthopedic surgeons have deep experience with hip replacements and have earned the highest possible rating from U.S. News & World Report.
Our surgical team has the expertise and commitment to deliver the best results possible so you can get back to the moments that move you.
We offer specialized expertise in total shoulder replacements, reverse shoulder replacements, and revisions of prior surgeries.