Our orthopedic surgeons specialize in surgeries that address your foot and ankle conditions, caused by athletics, accidents or other injury.
Conditions We Treat
- Achilles tendon rupture & injuries
- Ankle instability
- Ankle sprain
- Arthritis (osteoarthritis, post-traumatic)
- Fractures in the foot and ankle
- Hammer toe
- Heel pain
- Morton's neuroma
- Osteochondral lesions of the ankle (cartilage lesions)
- Peroneal nerve injury
- Peroneal tendinopathy
- Pes cavus (high arches)
- Pes planus (fallen arches or flat foot)
- Plantar fasciitis
- Posterior tibial tendinopathy
TENEX for Tendinopathy
TENEX™ is a minimally invasive procedure that removes scar tissue from your tendon. It is an ultrasound-guided percutaneous needle tenotomy (PCNT) for treating chronic pain and scarring on your tendons.
Running for UVA
Cleo Boyd ran long-distance for UVA's cross country and track & field teams. Due to a lingering injury, she was often forced to sit out to rehab her foot. After an offseason surgery, Boyd was able to consistently train and helped her team win the ACC Championship in 2015. View Cleo's injury transcript.