We aim to meet the health needs of current and future patients by investing in and partnering with organizations that support the health needs of the community.
Grant Recipients 2018
View the list of organizations with whom we're partnering this year.
Who We Support
We support charitable organizations and programs that are able to demonstrate impact in at least one of the four community health improvement priority areas outlined in the community health improvement plan MAPP2Health:
- Promote healthy eating and active living
- Address mental health and substance use issues
- Improve health disparities and increase access to care
- Foster a healthy and connected community
If you are not already familiar with the health improvement plan, please review it before starting your application.
Eligible organizations include registered nonprofits and government agencies. Faith-based organizations, sports teams/clubs, political or partisan organizations and private businesses are not eligible.
Our Community Relations Coalition will evaluate grant applications based on:
- How well the request reflects the mission of the health system
- Alignment with the community health improvement plan priority areas
- Demonstration of community partnerships, collaboration and program impact
- Opportunities for Health System team members to engage in the work
The Review Process
The Community Health UVA Partnership Steering Committee reviews and makes initial grant approval recommendations. The Community Health UVA Partnership reviews these recommendations and presents final recommendations to Health System executive leadership for approval.
Please contact us for more information about the application.