Managing diabetes can feel like a lot of work. You have to monitor your blood sugar, stay healthy, and figure out what kind of diet works best for your unique needs. Our diabetes specialists give you the kind of special attention you need to manage your diabetes.
Why See a Diabetes Specialist?
Working one-on-one with a diabetes specialist gives you:
- Time. We spend 30 minutes to an hour in one-on-one visits with you — the kind of time most doctors can't give.
- Customized support. Let us help you identify your goals and outline your plans to achieve them.
- A chance to ask all questions and feel confident about your self-care.
What Does a Diabetes Specialist Do?
In these individual sessions, we:
- Provide medical nutrition therapy — developing a diet to meet your unique situation
- Outline possible exercise and lifestyle choices
- Create a plan of care coordinated with your doctor
- Teach you how to manage your insulin, monitoring your blood sugar and record-keeping for your doctor
- Monitor your test results
- Conduct foot exams
Realistic Goal-Setting for Diabetes Management
With our support, in a positive atmosphere, you'll have the chance to set goals that are:
- Integrated into your daily life