Our Diabetes Education and Management Program offers a complete approach to diabetes care that addresses your whole body, with special clinics focusing on how diabetes can affect your heart and weight.
This program features Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE). These registered nurses and dietitians provide education and support on how to manage and prevent the complications of diabetes.
Artificial Pancreas for Type 1
UVA researchers have combined the use of an insulin pump and smartphone technology to create an artificial pancreas. Learn about how the artificial pancreas works.
- Diabetes education workshops and classes
- Personal coaching with a diabetes specialist
- Insulin pump help
- Foot care services
To access any of these programs, your primary care provider must submit the Diabetes Education and Management Referral form (PDF).
- American Diabetes Association
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- National Diabetes Education Program