Arm pain? Hurt wrist? Sports injuries? Our doctors include specialists in orthopedics and plastic surgery trained to treat injuries and diseases of the hand, wrist, forearm, elbow and shoulder in patients of all ages.
At UVA you'll benefit from a specialty-trained staff, including two orthopedic physician assistants, two nurse coordinators trained in hand and upper-extremity care, three full-time nurses, three specialized cast technicians and three occupational therapists.
Carpal tunnel syndrome? We help you find relief and functional freedom by collaborating with the experts at treating carpal tunnel at the UVA Neurosciences and Behavioral Health Center.
Conditions We Treat
- Hand, arm and joint trauma and fractures
- Tendon and nerve injuries
- Carpal tunnel and other nerve compression syndromes
- Congenital hand differences
- Sports-related or work-related injuries
- Soft tissue and overuse injuries, vascular disorders, tumors and masses
- Boutonniere deformity (central slip injury)
- Boxer's fracture
- Colle's fracture (fracture, distal radius)
- de Quervain's disease
- Elbow fracture
- Finger extensor tendon injury
- Finger flexor tendon injury
- Finger fracture
- Forearm fracture
- Medial epicondylitis (golfer's elbow)
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Wrist fracture
The UVA Hand Center is the:
- Only one of its kind in Virginia
- Most comprehensive hand and upper-extremity care and expertise in the area
If you have lost one or more fingers, we offer prosthetic fingers that are made to look and act like your own hand. Find out more about the amazing technology of i-limb digits™.
Born Without Thumbs
Connor's family felt lucky to be referred to the UVA Hand Center to find answers. Find out how UVA physicians created thumbs for Connor. View transcript