Most referrals can be made online. Some services need specialty forms sent by fax.
You can refer a patient (adult or pediatric) using the online referral form.
You can also call UVA Physician Direct at 800.552.3723 24/7.
Specialty Forms for Referrals
A few services require additional information. Refer your patient for:
- Gastroenterology and endoscopy: Digestive health referrals
- Radiosurgery: Gamma Knife referrals
- High-tech scans: Radiology & imaging referrals
- Long-term care facility: Transitional Care Hospital referrals
- Lung cancer: Screening referrals
- Organ transplant: Transplant referrals
Find a Doctor: Use the App
Download the UVA Doctors app for faster access. Search our online directory, access our support team, make referrals, and more. You can get the free app on both Apple (App Store) and Android (Google Play Store).
Important Phone Numbers
- Refer a patient: 800.552.3723
- Transfer a patient: 844.933.7882
- Request emergency transport: 800.552.1826
- Get EpicCare help: 434.243.2733
Telemedicine: Virtual Appointments With Specialists
If your patients can't make it to Charlottesville to see us in person, telemedicine allows us to have a virtual appointment. We also have special consults and forums for healthcare providers.