Most referrals can be made online. Some services need specialty forms sent by fax.
You can refer a patient (adult or pediatric) using the online referral form.
Specialty Forms for Referrals
A few services require additional information. Refer your patient for:
- Endocrinology referral (PDF)
- Gastroenterology and endoscopy: Digestive health referrals
- Radiosurgery: Gamma Knife referrals
- High-tech scans: Radiology & imaging referrals
- Long-term care facility: Transitional Care Hospital referrals
- Lung cancer: Screening referrals
- Organ transplant: Transplant referrals
Referring COVID-19 Patients for Monoclonal Antibody (mAb) Infusion Therapy
mAb Infusion therapy is offered in the UVA COVID-19 Clinic under FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for patients with mild-to-moderate symptoms for fewer than 10 days who are at risk for progressing to severe disease and hospitalization.
To refer a patient:
1. Complete all sections of this referral form (PDF).
2. Submit the referral form by fax to 434.243.9800.
Our team will then review the referral, and, if approved for infusion, we will contact the patient to coordinate services.
Find a Doctor: Use the App
Download the UVA Doctors app for faster access. Search our online directory, access our support team, make referrals, and more. You can get the free app on both Apple (App Store) and Android (Google Play Store).
Important Phone Numbers
- Transfer a patient: 844.933.7882
- Request emergency transport: 800.552.1826
- Get EpicCare help: 434.243.2733
Telemedicine: Virtual Appointments With Specialists
If your patients can't make it to Charlottesville to see us in person, telemedicine allows us to have a virtual appointment. We also have special consults and forums for healthcare providers.