We provide affirming, comprehensive healthcare for adult transgender patients.
To help make your healthcare experience as positive as possible, we've committed to:
- Listening and responding to your needs
- Removing barriers to your care
- Treating you with dignity and respect
- Making your well-being our top priority
Transgender Health Clinic
Find trans-friendly doctors providing hormone therapy, urological care, primary healthcare. Legal and wellness support also offered.
UVA Health strongly supports the LGBTQ community and continues to provide gender-affirming care, services, and support for patients going through gender transition. UVA Health doesn't discriminate, exclude, or treat differently patients or visitors based on their race, age, color, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression.
UVA Health is a community of healing, compassion, inclusion, and respect for all. Discrimination and prejudice have no place here. See our non-discrimination policy.
Find Local Transgender Support
From our family medicine and mental health providers, you can access:
- Family education and support
- Guidance on name and gender-marker changes on legal documents
- Financial advice about uncovered medical treatment
- A list of therapists who can write letters recommending hormone therapy
- Information about using and obtaining prosthetics, binders, other elements of gender expression
- A review of possible medical and surgical treatments and surgical referrals