We provide affirming, inclusive healthcare for adult transgender patients. Your goals and needs take center stage.
To help make your healthcare experience as positive as possible, we commit to:
- Listen first
- Remove barriers to your care
- Treat you with dignity and respect
- Make your well-being our top priority
Gender Health & Transgender Health at UVA
We have skill and experience caring for patients who are transgender, nonbinary, intersex, genderfluid, and asexual. Gender-inclusive services include:
Transgender Health Clinic
Find trans-friendly doctors providing hormone therapy, urological care, primary healthcare. Legal and wellness support also offered.
UVA Health strongly supports the LGBTQ community. We provide gender-affirming care, services, and support for patients going through gender transition. UVA Health doesn't discriminate, exclude, or treat differently patients or visitors based on their race, age, color, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression.
UVA Health is a community of healing, compassion, inclusion, and respect for all. Discrimination and prejudice have no place here. See our non-discrimination policy.
Find Local Transgender Support
From our family medicine and mental health providers, you can access:
- Family education and support
- Guidance on name and gender-marker changes on legal documents
- Financial advice about uncovered medical treatment
- A list of therapists who can write letters recommending hormone therapy
- Information about using and obtaining prosthetics, binders, other elements of gender expression
- A review of possible medical and surgical treatments and surgical referrals