Getting a leukemia, lymphoma, or bone marrow cancer diagnosis can be frightening. Your body feels weak and sick. It's hard to know where to go for the best blood cancer treatment.
Treating blood cancer takes experience, expertise, compassion, and collaboration. You'll find all of this and more at UVA Health.
Why UVA Health for Blood Cancer Treatment?
UVA Health is Virginia's first National Cancer Institute Comprehensive Cancer Center. This title honors our leadership in cancer research, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
You can rely on UVA Health to use highly advanced tools. You'll get the right diagnoses as soon as possible. And we bring you the newest life-saving therapies through clinical trials.
Learn more about why you should choose a Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Blood Cancer Treatment Expertise
UVA Health helped develop some of the latest blood cancer treatments. These include therapies that target cancer without hurting healthy cells.
You'll get access to innovations that include:
- Stem cell transplant
- CAR T-cell therapy
- Targeted therapy
- Biologic therapy
As an academic research center, our highly-trained providers work with diligent researchers to offer personalized treatment plans.
Second Opinions That Make a Difference
Which treatment will work for you depends on your condition and health. If it turns out you need treatment from another institution, we'll make sure you get it. It's about finding what's best for each patient.
Feel confident about your care. We offer second opinions on both diagnoses and treatment plans.
Experts Who Care
We're invested in helping every patient we see recover and thrive.
Our people offer:
- Deep experience
- A team-based approach
- Specialists in every major form of blood cancer
- Compassionate, welcoming support services
- A calming, healing environment without the added stress of a city
- Go through a rigorous process to prove our patient focus, making us FACT-accredited
- Participate in a global program, The National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP) - Be The Match®
- Offer robust genetic counseling
We have decades of experience in blood cancer. We're dedicated to your care. View blood cancer transcript.
Blood Cancers We Treat
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- Acute myelogenous leukemia
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia
- Chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML)
- Hodgkin's, non-Hodgkin's, all types of lymphoma
- Large granular lymphocyte (LGL) leukemia
Be Like Bruce
Bruce came to UVA Health for lymphoma treatment. What he learned along the way can help anyone facing a scary health crisis.