The Cancer Center Without Walls Advisory Board, established in 2013, brings together representatives from Health Districts 1, 2 and 3 in Southwest Virginia. The board plays a vital role in developing and evaluating community programs and research initiatives, creating public awareness and increasing level of accountability for projects. Their unique knowledge and expertise serves as a fundamental information resource and act as a bridge between the UVA Cancer Center and the community.
The collaboration increases patient access to advanced cancer care and research. It also promotes the training of personnel and the development of infrastructure and tools that allow for more advanced cancer care and research being performed closer to patients’ homes to reduce cancer disparities. Members include representatives from:
- Local health departments
- Community hospitals and cancer centers
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Local universities
- Community-based organizations
The CCWW Community Advisory Board aims to improve access to high-quality research, treatment and services in an effort to reduce cancer disparities throughout their region:
- Make recommendations that will enhance, promote, and/or develop Cancer Center programs or research regarding cancer prevention, early detection, treatment and survivorship in the Southwest Virginia region.
- Identify, make recommendations and assist in implementing initiatives that address barriers experienced in Southwest Virginia communities
CCWW Meeting Minutes
The CCWW board meets two times a year, rotating its meeting location between Health Districts 1, 2 and 3. Meetings are open to the public. If you would like a copy of meeting minutes, email us.