Your skin is one of the most durable and hard-working parts of your body. It protects your other organs from disease and injury and regenerates in a way few other parts of your body can.
But as tough as it is, your skin requires a lot of care. UVA’s doctors are experts in treating skin diseases and providing preventive care that can help keep your skin healthy and strong.
Skin Care Expertise
We have special expertise in:
- Autoimmune blistering diseases
- Connective tissue diseases, like lupus
- Skin infections caused by bacteria, fungus and viruses
- Common issues like aging, acne and skin damage
- Providing gender-affirmative skin care for transgender individuals
Skin Cancer Treatments
We work with experts in the UVA Cancer Center to treat melanoma and all types of skin cancer.
Our Dermatology Team
Many centers provide outstanding care, but at UVA, our dermatology team believes in not just taking care of your condition, but in taking care of you. We're sensitive to what you're going through and we aim to make your experience the best it can possibly be. View transcript.