We conduct activities that support current and continuing patient care, health services, research, patient accounting, case management, legal affairs, administrative affairs and various patient services.
Health Information Services takes care of:
- Maintaining the medical information of patients
- Data collection and analysis
- Supporting the process of coding diagnoses and procedures
- Assuring that patient records are complete
- Providing records for continuity of patient care
- Supporting and assisting medical research
- Releasing documents to attorneys and other agencies
- Managing the process of dictation and transcription of documents
- Supporting certain informatics systems for other Health System Departments
- Supporting compliance with regulatory requirements and patient safety goals
Visit us on the first floor of the 1222 Jefferson Park Ave building, next to the 11th Street Parking Garage.