UVA's surgeons are part of a healthcare team that collaborates to bring the best care possible to our patients. We work with your primary care doctor and the specialists who know you best.
At UVA, our surgeons:
- Offer minimally invasive surgical techniques that limit incisions and your recovery time
- Use the most advanced technologies, including robotic surgical equipment
- Are renowned for their expertise and committed to the highest level of patient care
The Option of Outpatient Surgery
Are You Ready for Surgery?
Getting ready for surgery can be an overwhelming process. These tip sheets and guidelines can help you prepare for surgery.
The Parts of the Surgery Process
- Provides patient education
- Performs preoperative lab work and tests
Surgical Admission Suite (SAS)
- Contacts patient before surgery
- Prepares patient on surgery day
- Discharges patients not staying after surgery
- Confirms and assesses patient information
- Safely transfers patients to proper area after surgery
Surgical Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Provides for safe patient recovery, including pain relief and other needs before patients are transferred to a hospital unit