Health Information Services
We conduct activities that support current and continuing patient care, health services, research, patient accounting, case management, legal affairs, administrative affairs and various patient services.
Health Information Services takes care of:
- Maintaining the medical information of patients
- Data collection and analysis
- Supporting the process of coding diagnoses and procedures
- Assuring that patient records are complete
- Providing records for continuity of patient care
- Supporting and assisting medical research
- Releasing documents to attorneys and other agencies
- Managing the process of dictation and transcription of documents
- Supporting certain informatics systems for other Health System Departments
- Supporting compliance with regulatory requirements and patient safety goals
Visit us on the first floor of the 1222 Jefferson Park Ave building, next to the 11th Street Parking Garage or call us at 434.924.5136.