You may not know you have a heart condition. That's why we offer genetic testing. We can spot congenital heart disease before it becomes a problem.
At UVA, we diagnose and treat congenital (structural) heart defects at all ages. We can help you manage your condition through every stage of your life.
Congenital Heart Disease Services at UVA
You’ll have to manage your congenital heart disease as you get older, and you may require help from a variety of specialists. At UVA, a group of experts provides care in a single location, the Adult Congenital Heart Disease Clinic.
- Comprehensive evaluation, management and imaging
- Advanced drug therapies and devices for heart failure
- Minimally invasive, interventional cardiac catheterization
- A full spectrum of electrophysiology (heart rhythm) services
- One of the largest cardiovascular surgery programs in the mid-Atlantic region
Learn how we treat congenital heart defects at UVA Children's Hospital.
Cardiovascular Screening & Genetic Testing
Our Cardiovascular Genetics Program provides genetic testing that can help determine who in your family is at risk for congenital heart defects. Our specialists meet with you and your family to understand the diagnosis and discuss treatment options.