At UVA, we provide the standard cancer treatments for brain tumors: chemotherapy, radiation, steroids and shunts.
But you'll find more than the basics here.
We have several advanced neuroradiology tools for finding brain tumors:
- Neurological exam
- Computed tomography scan (CT scan)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Bone scan
- Arteriogram (angiogram)
- Spinal tap (lumbar puncture)
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS)
- Surgical biopsy
A Second Opinion: A Second Chance?
Before you decide on a treatment plan, take another look. Get insights from experts in treating the deadliest brain cancers. Don't miss a second chance; get a second opinion at UVA.