What can you do for coronavirus prevention? Follow these basic steps:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often.
- Avoid contact with others.
- Clean and disinfect.
- Stay healthy.
Feeling Sick? Stay Home & Call
If you have these symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
Stay home and call your provider or clinic for next steps.
Wash Your Hands
Practice with your kids or as a family to make sure everyone’s doing it correctly. Don’t touch your face with unclean hands.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold).
- Apply soap.
- Lather your hands with soap. Rub hands together. Don’t forget the backs of your hands, between your fingers and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Sing the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice as a simple timer.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
- Don’t have soap? Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Clean & Disinfect
To protect yourself and others, clean and disinfect your home and vehicles every day. Find updated guidelines on coronavirus disinfection.
Avoid Contact & Exposure to Others
Avoiding close contact with others is one of the most important things we can do to stop the spread of this virus.
Practice Social Distancing
This means staying 6 feet away from other people in public. The coronavirus travels through droplets in the air for up to 6 feet. Avoid shaking hands, hugs, and crowding with people in line at the store.
Cover Your Face in Public
Some people who have the coronavirus can be contagious before showing any symptoms. Covering your face with a cloth face covering can help you limit the spread of the virus around your community.
Before visiting a patient in the hospital, make sure to read the current visitor restrictions.
Get Your Prescriptions Delivered
Stay at home. Get your prescriptions delivered to your home for free.
To set up delivery, call 434.297.5500. Make sure to call at least 7 days before you need your refill.
Can’t wait for delivery? Pick up your medicine at our Lee Street location. Open 24/7.
Reschedule Elective Surgeries
We're postponing those surgeries that we can. This will free up the hospital and staff for coronavirus issues.
Get vaccinated. It's not too late to get the flu or pneumonia vaccine. These don't prevent coronavirus, but they can keep you safe from other illnesses that would make other infections worse. Call your provider to find out if this is an option for you.
Stay active. Get regular exercise. Go for walks, get in a run, or do yoga in the sun. As long as you stay away from other people, you can go outside. This helps keep your immune system healthy.