When you have a blemish or a broken bone on your face, you can't hide it. When breathing, swallowing, eating or hearing become difficult and painful, you can’t avoid it. Any of these symptoms of head & neck disorders can require care from otolaryngologists, also known as ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialists.
ENT at UVA
U.S. News & World Report has ranked UVA the No. 1 hospital in Virginia and our ear, nose & throat services among the top 15 in the nation. Our top-rated, internationally known team offers skilled and compassionate care.
Complex Care & Second Chances
We collaborate with specialists in cancer, plastic surgery, skin, allergy, digestive health, lung, eye and neurosurgery. Together, the team tailors a complete strategy for your care.
Our specialties include:
- Facial plastic surgery for cosmetics, defects, and trauma
- Allergy and asthma testing in dedicated clinics
- Nasal and sinus cancer treatments, using proven methods to maximize results and preserve vision
- Interdisciplinary care of voice and swallowing disorders
- Head and neck cancer treatments
- Pediatric disorders
- Restoration of hearing
We particularly specialize in giving patients who have had prior, unsuccessful surgery a second chance at relief and healing.