When you have a blemish or a broken bone on your face, you can't hide it. When breathing, swallowing, eating or hearing become difficult and painful, you can’t avoid it.
Any of these symptoms of head and neck disorders can require care from otolaryngologists, also known as ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialists.
ENT at UVA
U.S. News & World Report has ranked UVA the No. 1 hospital in Virginia and our ear, nose and throat services among the top 15 in the nation. Our top-rated, internationally known team offers skilled and compassionate care.
Complex Care & Second Chances
We collaborate with specialists in cancer, plastic surgery, skin, allergy, digestive health, lung, eye and neurosurgery. Together, the team tailors a complete strategy for your care.
Our specialties include:
- Facial plastic surgery for cosmetics, defects, and trauma
- Allergy and asthma testing in dedicated clinics
- Nasal and sinus cancer treatments, using proven methods to maximize results and preserve vision
- Interdisciplinary care of voice and swallowing disorders
- Head and neck cancer treatments
- Pediatric disorders
- Restoration of hearing
We particularly specialize in giving patients who have had prior, unsuccessful surgery a second chance at relief and healing.