When you have a blemish or a broken bone on your face, you can't hide it. When breathing, swallowing, eating, or hearing become difficult and painful, you can’t avoid it. Any of these symptoms of head and neck disorders can require care from otolaryngologists, also known as ear, nose, and throat (ENT) specialists.
Complex Care & Second Chances
We collaborate with specialists in cancer, plastic surgery, skin, allergy, digestive health, lung, eye, and neurosurgery. Together, the team tailors a complete strategy for your care.
Our specialties include:
- Facial plastic surgery for cosmetics, defects, and trauma
- Allergy and asthma testing in dedicated clinics
- Nasal and sinus cancer treatments, using proven methods to maximize results and preserve vision
- Interdisciplinary care of voice and swallowing disorders
- Head and neck cancer treatments
- Pediatric disorders
- Restoration of hearing
We particularly specialize in giving patients who have had prior, unsuccessful surgery a second chance at relief and healing.
After a traumatic accident, Alex Marshall didn't know if she would smile again. With the help of UVA Health facial reconstructive specialists, she has a brighter outlook. View facial trauma transcript.