The hip is the area of your body where your leg meets your torso at the pelvis. The hip joint allows you to swing your leg so you can move. It also keeps you stable while standing, walking or running.The hip is a complex joint. Pain in the hip injuries in sports can come from overuse, injury or strain. The source of your hip pain is not always clear. But we can help figure it out.
Symptoms of hip injuries in sports
Symptoms of injuries include:
- Pain in the hip or groin area
- Difficulty moving your leg
- Difficulty or pain with standing
Our sports medicine hip care isn’t just for athletes. Whether you’re injured through work or play, we’re here to help.
Conditions We Treat
- Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI)
- Hip bursitis
- Hamstring muscle strain
- Hip labral tears
- Hip strains
- Muscle strains in the thigh
- Snapping hip
- Sports hernia (athletic pubalgia)