Your primary care provider — or PCP — is your main healthcare provider for non-emergency situations.
UVA's primary care providers take care of the general healthcare needs of children, adults and seniors. We do regular check-ups, immunizations and screenings and provide care for illnesses and injuries. And we'll coordinate your care if you need to see a specialist for a more serious health issue.
Why Choose Primary Care at UVA?
When you choose UVA primary care, you don’t just get excellent care and personal attention for routine and basic needs. You also get access to:
- Top specialists
- The most high-tech care in central Virginia
- The latest research and treatments
Find a Local Clinic
You can choose from locations throughout central Virginia.
Primary care is for your everyday health and wellness needs. Some types of primary care have a specific focus:
- Family medicine: Primary care for the whole family
- Internal medicine: Primary care for adults
- Pediatricians: Primary care for children
- Geriatricians: Primary care for seniors
- OB-GYN: Primary care for women
- Teen health: Primary care for adolescents