At UVA Health, we are always looking for ways to improve the environment. We do this by:
- Reducing the amount of carbon and nitrogen we release
- Capturing and conserving water
- Providing foods that are healthier for people and the environment
Here's a sampling of our sustainability efforts.
Minimizing Our Carbon Footprint
Conserving and managing energy use is the foundation for running a sustainable organization. At UVA Health, we reduce our carbon footprint with state-of-the-art facilities. Our buildings are designed to:
- Enhance the patient experience
- Limit the buildings’ environmental impact
As of 2022, UVA Health, along with the School of Nursing and the School of Medicine, have a combined total of 19 LEED certified spaces from the U.S. Green Building Council.
For all of our major construction and renovation projects, we pursue LEED certification or better.