We are offering in-person volunteering for the Summer 2024 Junior Volunteer Program to run June 10-August 2.
If you'd like to apply, you must submit an application of interest by February 29, and attend a virtual mandatory information session. The mandatory information session is required for all interested applicants to learn more about the program and see if this is a good fit for your summer schedule. Use this form to state your interest.
The mandatory virtual information sessions are:
- Saturday, March 9, 10-11 a.m.
- Tuesday March 12, 7-8 p.m.
You only have to attend one of these and must select a date when you complete the application of interest.
All summer junior volunteers must attend an all-day orientation and training on Monday, June 10. If you cannot make this date, do not submit your name in the lottery because you will not be able to volunteer.
Junior Volunteer Summer Program
In this popular program, youth provide valuable service throughout the Medical Center while gaining experience and self-confidence.
- Who Can Volunteer? High school youth ages 14-18
- Required Service: Minimum of 50 hours/one full weekday over the course of the 8-week program
- Vacations: We allow a maximum of 2 weeks (during the 8-week program) for vacation and summer camp. The weeks do not have to be consecutive. However, you must volunteer at least 6 weeks in order to be considered for the program. Vacation time/dates must be submitted by end of May.
Junior Volunteer Applicants: If you've been selected to move on with the application process, you'll need to have two references complete the online reference form before your scheduled interview.